On Monday, August 21, 2017, the City of Olympia’s contractor will complete a project to repair and asphalt patch a section of pavement on Fones Road between 5th Street (near Pacific Avenue) and 6th Street (near the Olympia Woodland Trail crossing).
The asphalt repair and patching will take place in the south bound travel lane and will be done as night work (7 p.m. Monday – 7 a.m. Tuesday). Work is expected to be completed in one night.
· The asphalt repair and patching work will generate some noise from construction equipment.
· Travel lanes will be restricted during asphalt repair and patching operations and motorists should expect delays.
· Access to some businesses may be temporarily disrupted during construction.
· Traffic control & flaggers will direct vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians through the work area.
· Jeff Johnstone, P.E., Senior Engineer