Are you ready to try using your bicycle to get around, even in the off season? Perhaps you already do, and you wouldn't mind a little recognition. Either way, the Winter Bicycle Commuter Challenge is for you!
- It's super easy- just create an account on this website (unless you already have one from last year), log in, and log your practical bike rides in February.
- We'll hold prize drawings each week in February, among everyone who logged miles that week- it's that simple. As always, we have great prizes, including lights from Portland Design Works and NiteRider, and gift cards from local bike shops and other BCC sponsors.
- Anyone who lives or works in Thurston County can participate. You don't have to be employed or a student- just use your bicycle as a means of practical transportation, with at least part of your trip inside Thurston County.
- The Winter BCC runs for the month of February, with weekly prize drawings among all participants who log miles that week. The teams features will be active, and teams can compete for bragging rights. No team prizes yet -- maybe next year!
- We'll celebrate Winter Bike to Work Day with a photo contest and extra prize drawings! Winter Bike to Work Day is Friday, Feb 8 this year. Commit to Ride here: https://winterbiketoworkday.org/ and put Thurston County on the World Map!